Humane Society Of Yuma

Pet Owner Transfer

Currently, In Arizona, pets are considered personal property.  If you are giving your pet to someone else it is highly recommended to come up with a contract of some sort stating you are giving full responsibility to the other party etc. Make sure both parties have signed that document.

We also recommended both parties come down to the Humane Society of Yuma to transfer the pet out of one name and into the other. We ask that both parties bring a photo ID.

In addition to these steps, if your pet is microchipped you will also need to call the Microchip company and update all information with them as well.

Should you have further questions, please reach out to your local animal control office. Click Here for Animal Control Contacts.